(Business Administration Support / Secretarial / Reception)
- Full-Time Position
- Attractive Salary: $2,000 to $2,600 per month* (based on skills/qualifications & experience)
- Modern office, with beautiful views located within Singapore Water Exchange (PUB Water Hub)
- Professional Development offerings, with prospective career path progression opportunities
- Work-life balance with potential flexible working arrangements
- Annual Company Team Building Activities- ‘Hydrobiology Day’ for all Staff
- Health & Wellbeing / Employee Green Fund Initiatives; promoting a healthy lifestyle, within a safe & supportive working environment
Hydrobiology is one of the world’s leading environmental consulting companies, offering integrated services in the physical, biological and chemical processes of environmental systems with a particular emphasis on the aquatic environment. We have offices located in Brisbane, Perth, Port Moresby, Singapore and Brazil, delivering specialist environmental services at a local, state, federal and international level, while delivering iconic projects across the world.
We are respected and trusted by our clients, providing the best possible understanding of environmental risk to meet their environmental and impact management needs. Our company Mission Statement encompasses the value of our clients and employees, as we strive to be the company of choice for both.
Hydrobiology’s focus is technical excellence and high-level scientific expertise delivered within a commercial framework. We have key technical strengths in the areas of risk assessment, impact assessment, hydrology, ecotoxicology, freshwater and marine ecology, river mechanics, water quality, geochemistry and contaminated sediment management.
In 2021 Hydrobiology participated in the Australian ‘Premier of Queensland’s Export Awards’, along with 35 other companies and became a finalist in the Professional Services category. Through incredibly challenging times we persevered and won the ‘Sustainability Award’, which could not have been achieved without the determination and commitment of our exceptional Hydrobiology Team!
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, independent and extremely organised Administrative Officer to join our Singapore Team! This is a great opportunity for you to consolidate and expand your career in administration, working alongside a motivating team, in a supportive work environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reception / front of house management and general office support; meet and greet visitors, answering phone calls/enquiries, calendar management, mail duties, liaise with couriers, ordering & managing general office supplies, field gear and PPE.
- Onsite facilities management, including workplace health and safety (WHS) issue identification and monitoring.
- Human resource support; including management of confidential HR files, completion and training of new employee induction program and onboarding processes.
- Administration processes and standard operating procedures (SOPs); including our company Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) Integrated Management System updates and maintenance.
- Accounting duties; including accounts payable and accounts receivable, monthly bank reconciliation/receipting.
- Project assistance; fieldwork and meeting coordination, inputs into; and quality assurance of proposals, reports and tender submission documents, including document formatting.
- Liaising with IT provider; logging support tickets & coordination of IT hardware requirements.
Job Requirements & Selection Criteria:
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated achievement and work experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator or in a similar secretarial support role, preferably within the consultancy / professional services industry.
- Broad knowledge of office procedures for efficiency and effectiveness; including Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SharePoint systems.
- Excellent writing skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to commit to fostering a strong workplace culture and demonstrate initiative towards continuous improvement.
- A history of working autonomously and collaboratively with a team to achieve successful outcomes.
- Ability to enhance and maintain effective channels of communication and build positive relationships with colleagues.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills, with an optimistic attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adequately multi-task across all business areas.
Ideal applicants will also have:
- Qualification(s) / Certificate in Business Administration
- Proficient use of Xero/MYOB or similar accounting packages
- bizSAFE training certification experience and/or in-depth knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety requirements, practices & procedures
- Certificate in Human Resources / HR assistant experience
- Driver’s Licence
- Current CPR & First Aid Certificate
To apply for this position, please forward the following documentation to: email@example.com
- Your resume, including a minimum of 2 current references
- A covering letter addressing the job requirements & selection criteria
For any queries in relation to this position, please contact Jacqueline Tham via email: firstname.lastname@example.org