Marine or Freshwater Environmental Consultant
Hydrobiology is seeking expression of interest from enthusiastic and motivated Marine or Freshwater Scientists looking for a new opportunity to join our team in Perth. The position can be adapted to the successful applicant’s level of experience; however, we are seeking a minimum of three years post-graduate experience, ideally in the consulting field.
Hydrobiology has offices in Australia (Perth and Brisbane), Singapore, Brazil and Papua New Guinea. While the majority of project work will be based in Western Australia, our projects span the globe and we all get the opportunity for involvement. We are a small, close-knit team in Perth that collaborate with and support each other. With us you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from experienced scientists in the Perth office, as well as across all our offices. Our company supports professional development opportunities and provides exposure to a diverse range of projects that are genuinely interesting and challenging.
Roles & Responsibilities
The role will depend on the successful applicant’s experience, however, might typically involve:
- Supporting environmental studies such as Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Environmental Management and Monitoring Plan (EMMP), Baseline studies or specific technical studies that feed into these.
- Undertake high quality data analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of high-quality technical reports, tenders, proposals, or publications.
- Lead or support multidisciplinary field work in areas such as benthic habitat mapping, water and sediment sampling, oceanographic data collection and aerial drone surveys.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in marine / Freshwater / Life related Sciences.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in environmental consulting.
- Candidates may present specialisation in marine/freshwater ecology, environmental geochemistry, coastal geomorphology and modelling, geospatial analysis, or general experience across one or more of those disciplines.
- Have experience in primary data collection and interpretation in marine or freshwater environments (e.g. subtidal/intertidal marine ecology, experimental design, statistical analysis).
- A track record in technical report writing is essential.
- Demonstrable experience in conducting statistical and GIS analysis of data.
- Project Management skills, proficient in both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Candidate should be self-motivated and able to work in a team.
- Knowledge of environmental and approvals legislations, including but not limited to WA EP Act, EPBC act and Mining Act.
- Experience from industries including offshore renewables, mining, oil and gas, construction and utilities are favourable.
- Willingness to travel for field trips in remote or offshore areas.
- Post-graduate qualifications
- Experience from industries including offshore renewables, mining, oil and gas, construction, and utilities.
- Possession of a valid manual driver’s license
What we can offer
- Full-Time Position
- Flexible Hours / Work-life balance
- A bonus scheme in place.
- Access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), providing access to professionals to support you, and your family, comprising confidential health advice on a 24/7 basis.
- Fantastic spacious office located in Jolimont with onsite parking.
- Staff Exchange Program between offices.
- Learning and Development opportunities to support you in achieving your full potential.
- Company Team Building Activities
Our mission and core values drive our culture and are the foundation of our practice. We measure each decision against these standards:
How we know you
To apply, please forward the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Resume
- A Covering Letter
- Submit your application. Thanks for your time and interest.
- Screening & skills evaluation.
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Referee and Pre-Employment Checks
- Pre-Employment Medical
- Employment Offer
- Welcome to the Team
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage. Thanks