Your new position overview at Hydrobiology WA
We are actively seeking a dynamic and driven Senior to Principal level Aquatic Scientist to become an integral part of our Hydrobiology team located in Perth. Currently, there exists an opportunity to bring your skills and expertise to a leadership position that will operate between the Regional Manager, and the freshwater team.
While the Director and Regional Manager bring extensive experience in Freshwater, Water Quality, Ecology, and Approvals, we are looking for someone with the skills to lead a team of scientists at various levels of experience and efficiently manage projects. Your role will be pivotal in providing leadership, technical expertise, and project management acumen.
A bit more of info about your new role
Critical to this position is prior experience in a private environmental consultancy, specifically in the commercial, leadership, and business development domains. Your contribution will be essential in advancing and expanding this aspect of our business. As part of your responsibilities, you will lead and supervise junior staff, drawing on a comprehensive knowledge base that may encompass related disciplines such as aquatic ecology or geochemistry.
Hydrobiology’s projects often involve work in remote and challenging locations across Australia and internationally. Therefore, the successful candidate should possess the capability to design and lead field-based sampling programs in diverse remote areas, offering guidance and training to junior staff and clients when necessary. Collaborating closely with the Regional Manager and Technical Director, you will play a key role in developing strategies to enhance our capabilities in this field.
This role offers the opportunity to work within a supportive and amicable work environment alongside a small yet diverse and motivated team. If you are ready to take on a leadership position that involves both strategic growth and hands-on project management in the field of aquatic sciences, we invite you to apply and be part of our exciting journey.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist the Regional Manager and company Directors to develop and implement a business strategy for our freshwater consulting services.
- Provide high quality Project Management and scientific input for a range of projects undertaken by Hydrobiology as needed.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of high-quality tenders, proposals, reports and other documents (e.g. conference presentations and journal papers).
- Develop and lead field-based sampling (including collection of relevant biological and physico-chemical data), at times in remote areas, with support provided by junior staff or client staff.
- Provide reporting and/or field-based support to other Hydrobiology Departments as required.
- Commitment to Hydrobiology HSEQ Integrated management System, including Company policies, procedures and safe work practices.
- Supervise and train junior staff assigned to projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Freshwater / Life / Water Quality related Sciences/Engineering.
- A minimum of eight years technical experience after graduation.
- At least two years in an environmental consulting environment.
- Demonstrated skills in the development and delivery of effective freshwater ecological assessment, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Project Management skills, proficient in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of environmental and approvals legislations, including but not limited to WA EP Act, EPBC act and Mining Act.
- Willingness to travel for field trips in remote or offshore areas.
- Post-graduate qualifications
- Experience from industries including offshore renewables, mining, oil and gas, construction, and utilities.
- Possession of a valid manual driver’s license
What we can offer:
- Full-Time Position
- Flexible Hours / Work-life balance
- A bonus scheme in place.
- Access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), providing access to professionals to support you, and your family, comprising confidential health advice on a 24/7 basis.
- Fantastic spacious office located in Jolimont with onsite parking.
- Staff Exchange Program between offices.
- Learning and Development opportunities to support you in achieving your full potential.
- Company Team Building Activities
Our mission and core values drive our culture and are the foundation of our practice. We measure each decision against these standards:
How we know you
To apply, please forward the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Resume
- A Covering Letter
- Submit your application. Thanks for your time and interest.
- Screening & skills evaluation.
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Referee and Pre-Employment Checks
- Pre-Employment Medical
- Employment Offer
- Welcome to the Team
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage. Thanks