Project Manager (Scientist; Environmental Risk Assessment- Environmental Consulting)
- Full-Time Position
- Flexible Hours / Work-life balance
- Attractive salary & benefits package: (based on skills/qualifications & experience)
- Fantastic recently refurbished, spacious and modern office located in Milton, within Brisbane’s CBD with great views of Suncorp Stadium, onsite parking and close to public transport.
- Professional Development offerings, with prospective career path progression opportunities
- Annual Company Team Building Activities- ‘Hydrobiology Day’ for the inclusion of all Staff
- Health & Wellbeing Offerings / Employee Green Fund Initiatives / Employee Assistance Program; all promoting a healthy lifestyle, within a safe & supportive working environment
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Project Manager to join our Hydrobiology QLD (ERA) Environmental Risk Assessment Team! You will have a Postgraduate Degree (preferably Masters or equivalent) in Ecotoxicology or Environmental Chemistry; as this role demands a high level of scientific expertise in field and/or laboratory-based knowledge, with the interpretation of ecotoxicology and environmental chemistry datasets. Experience in a private environmental consultancy in the commercial, leadership and work-winning space will be held in high regard. We believe in building inclusive, diverse, creative teams of people; not programmed Robots! Taking on this role is a great opportunity for you to ‘dive in’, consolidate and expand your career as one of our awesome specialists, within our professional Environmental Consultancy business, located in Brisbane. As our Project Manager – ERA , you will have an ‘eye for detail’, providing leadership and supervision to junior staff, while possessing a range of knowledge and experience within this field, which may include other related disciplines such as water quality, biomonitoring, geochemistry, sediment chemistry and biochemistry. A large proportion of Hydrobiology project and field work is carried out in remote and inaccessible areas within Australia and overseas. Therefore, the Project Manager – ERA, will have the ability to develop and lead field-based sampling programmes in various remote areas, including supervising and training junior staff (and clients) where necessary. This role reports directly to the Team Lead- Environmental Risk Assessment, working alongside a small, diverse, motivating, growing team (who know how to have a laugh and some good, old-fashioned, team bonding fun; like climbing the Story Bridge or showing off our Archery Tag skills!), all within a supportive and friendly work environment. You will be welcomed by all and feel like you’re another star of our show (or very close to it, with Suncorp Stadium literally two streets away!) As the Project Manager -ERA, you will be assisting the Team Lead (ERA) and company Directors with Business Development, actively pursuing strategic opportunities and identifying new markets for ecotoxicology and environmental chemistry related consulting services. You will develop and implement strategies to lead field-based sampling, while providing excellent scientific and technical advice, with well-developed skills in collection, coordination and interpretation of ecotoxicology and environmental chemistry data. You will have exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), which are demonstrated through the production of high-quality tenders, proposals, reports and publications.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist the Team Lead (Environmental Risk Assessment) and company Directors to develop and implement a business strategy for ecotoxicology/environmental chemistry related consulting services.
- Provide high quality Project Management and scientific input for a range of projects undertaken by Hydrobiology as needed.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of high-quality tenders, proposals, reports and other documents (e.g. conference presentations and journal papers).
- Develop and lead field-based sampling (including collection of relevant biological and physico-chemical data), at times in remote areas, with support provided by junior staff or client staff.
- Provide reporting and/or field-based support to other Hydrobiology Departments as required.
- Oversee integration of quality and safety management into all Hydrobiology activities, ensuring relevant HSE documentation (JSEAs, Comms Plans, Project HSE Plan, etc) is prepared for each project and included in the planning phase of any new project.
- Supervise and train junior staff assigned to projects.
- Ensure all staff adhere to policies, procedures and safe work practices when working in the field.
- Assist the Directors and other staff members with day-to-day business management requirements as directed.
- Assist with development and implementation of Hydrobiology HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Commitment to Hydrobiology HSEQ Integrated management System, including Company policies, procedures and safe work practices.
Required Qualifications, Job Requirements and Experience:
- Postgraduate Degree (preferably Masters or equivalent) in Ecotoxicology or Environmental Chemistry;
- Eight to ten years technical experience, with at least two years gained in an environmental consulting environment.
To apply for this position, please include the following documentation:
1. Your Resume; including a minimum of two (2) most recent/current Referees.
2. A Covering Letter acknowledging and including reference to the minimum qualifications required, job description requirements and demonstrated experience as outlined above;
3. A list of the projects you have worked on and/or completed in the past 2 years.
Please send your application via email to:
Attn: Amanda Sillman
QLD Lead- Business Promotions & Culture