Do you want to work on challenging, thought-provoking and truly interesting projects? An exciting role exists in Brisbane for someone to join our organisation in a entry-level role. Hydrobiology is one of the world’s leading aquatic professional services companies, delivering iconic projects across the globe. We are respected and trusted to undertake aquatic ecosystem consulting at the local, state, federal and international level. This is an opportunity for you to consolidate and expand your career across those regions.
Hydrobiology is a stable, well-regarded specialist consultancy with offices in Brisbane, Perth, Port Moresby, Singapore and Brazil. The company is well positioned and currently in a growth phase across the group.
We are currently looking to capitalise on our solid reputation and workbook through the addition of an Aquatic Scientist to join our Brisbane office, working across the group. It is expected that the successful candidate over time will be able to develop the position to become part of our Senior Leadership Team.
Essential Skills Required:
- A technical background in aquatic ecology (ideally with an honours and/or masters qualifications), preferably in freshwater.
- Solid grounding in experimental design and ecological statistics
- Ability to produce high quality technical reports or publications that are clear and concise, yet pitched at a non-expert audience
- A desire to support other technical staff
- Be willing to travel for field work
- GIS experience (including Arc platforms)
Your application would also benefit from demonstrated skills in one or more of the following:
- Developed field skills, particularly in the assessment of fish and macroinvertebrate population and community status, and water quality
- Previous consulting experience
Remuneration will be based on the successful applicant’s skills, experiences and abilities.
To apply for the position please forward all the below mentioned documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Your Resume
2) A covering letter addressing the listed essential and demonstrated skill sets
*Please Note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position)
Should you have any questions about the position, please contact Justin Cutajar via email: email@example.com
* Applications close: Monday 11th April 2022.