Do you want to work on challenging, thought-provoking and truly interesting projects? An exciting role exists in Brisbane for someone to join our organisation in a senior role. Hydrobiology is one of the world’s leading aquatic professional services companies, delivering iconic projects across the globe. We are respected and trusted to undertake aquatic ecosystem consulting at the local, state, federal and international level. This is an opportunity for you to consolidate and expand your career.
Hydrobiology is looking to expand on our solid reputation and growing brand recognition through the addition of a Senior Aquatic Ecologist, to join our Ecology & Biodiversity Management Team, located within our Brisbane office. The successful candidate will be working on a number of renewable energy projects across the group and their areas interest.
Essential skills required for the position include:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience, ideally in a relevant consulting role
- Advanced quantitative design and analysis skills
- Ability to produce high quality technical reports that are clear and concise, yet pitched at a non-technical audience
- Working knowledge of State (at least one of QLD, NSW, WA, NT) and Commonwealth environmental legislation, or a demonstrated ability to rapidly acquire this knowledge
- Be willing to travel for field work
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage demands from multiple concurrent projects
- Developed field skills, particularly in the assessment of fish and macroinvertebrate population and community status, and water quality
- Environmental management experience (e.g. developing EMPs, particularly in the marine space)
- GIS experience (Arc, QGIS, etc.)
The following education and experience requirements will need to be demonstrated:
- Honours or Master’s Degree, preferably with Graduate qualifications in ecology/environmental science
- Previous employment experience in a similar role of at least 1 year
- Ability to work in Australia
Remuneration will be based on the successful applicant’s skills, experiences and abilities.
To apply for the position please forward all the below mentioned documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Your Resume
2) A covering letter addressing the essential skills, education and experience requirements
3) A list of the projects you have worked on/completed in the past 1+ years
Please contact Justin Cutajar on Ph: (07) 3721 0100, if you have any questions about the position.
* Applications close: Monday 7th March 2022