Hydrobiology has offices in Singapore, Brazil, Papua New Guinea and Australia. Our projects span the globe. Our Singapore Team work across this portfolio. We are not a mega-corporation where you will be one of thousands of employees. We all know each other, and we all work together. With us you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from Technical Leads within Singapore and across all our offices. Our company offers industry-leading professional development opportunities and a genuine career pathway as a professional scientist. Our project list includes many of the most challenging, and interesting, projects and expeditions around the world, many of which are world renowned and set the standard in environmental monitoring and impact assessment.
An exciting role now exists in our Hydrobiology Singapore Office for an enthusiastic and motivated Environmental Consultant to join our organisation in a mid-senior role. As an Environmental Consultant, this is an opportunity for you to consolidate and expand your career within Singapore and across our global footprint. You will:
- Carry out environmental studies such as Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Environmental Management and Monitoring Plan (EMMP), Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD), Climate Change Studies and Critical Habitat Assessments (CHA) Projects.
- Have substantial experience in primary data collection and interpretation in marine or freshwater environments (e.g. subtidal/intertidal marine ecology, experimental design, statistical analysis).
- A track record in report authoring and/or publications will be highly regarded.
- High level Project Management and co-ordination skills, integrating inputs from others in a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Prepare high-quality tenders, proposals, technical reports or publications.
- Provide support in business development, marketing and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Lead or support field work locally and internationally.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the environmental field.
- Bachelors Degree in Environmental Science/ Life Sciences or similar (post-graduate qualifications will be viewed highly)
- Possess good working knowledge of coastal ecosystems in particular mangroves and other ecosystems such as seagrass, corals, and other coastal flora and fauna.
- Quantitative ecological skills.
- Project Management skills would be an advantage with attention to detail with good verbal, analytical and writing skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Candidate should be self-motivated and able to work in a team.
Remuneration will be based on the successful applicant’s skills, experiences and abilities. Our professional development package includes opportunities to attend international conferences/workshops and spend time in our other Hydrobiology offices. Please contact Jacqueline, if you have any queries about the position via email@example.com.
To apply, please forward the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your Resume
- A Covering Letter addressing the Job Description (** Please Note: This is mandatory; we will not review applications that only include a Resume)