Hydrobiology – Small Company, Global Influence
Hydrobiology is an environmental consulting company offering integrated services in the physical, biological and chemical processes of environmental systems with a particular emphasis on the aquatic environment. We have key technical strengths in the areas of risk assessment, impact assessment, hydrology, ecotoxicology, freshwater and marine ecology, river mechanics, water quality, geochemistry and contaminated sediment management.
Hydrobiology’s focus is technical excellence and high-level scientific expertise delivered within a commercial framework. We are able to provide our clients with the best possible understanding of environmental risk for their environmental and impact management needs.
As an intern or graduate, you will assist us with field, technical support, data analysis and report writing. Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Support field work conducted locally;
- Assist and maintenance of field equipment and user training;
- Responsible for the safe conduct of fieldwork
- Support for other project tasks, administrative duties, or as directed by the reporting/line manager
- Scientific data analysis and report writing
- B.Sc. / B.Eng. from an accredited institution in Environmental Engineering or similar
- Knowledge in marine sciences or aquatic environments is preferred
- Attention to detail with good verbal, analytical and writing skills
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Ability to follow instructions and meet demanding deadlines, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with multiple projects
- Ability to work flexibly that may occasionally include weekends and public holidays
- Candidate should have basic IT skills and use of software such as Microsoft Suite
- Candidate should be self-motivated and able to work in a team.
- Fresh graduates may apply
The candidate is expected to gain competencies in the use of different science field equipment, scientific data processing/analysis and technical reporting skills.
To apply for the position, please forward your application to: email@example.com
* Please note: Your application will not be accepted without including all of the following documents:
- Your Resume.
- A covering letter addressing the job description.
Remuneration will be based on the successful applicant’s skills, experiences and abilities.
We are accepting applications from now until 20 December 2021, to commence as soon as possible.