Hydrobiology is an environmental consulting company offering integrated services in the physical, biological and chemical processes of environmental systems with a particular emphasis on the aquatic environment. We have key technical strengths in the areas of risk assessment, impact assessment, hydrology, ecotoxicology, freshwater and marine ecology, river mechanics, water quality, geochemistry and contaminated sediment management.
Hydrobiology’s focus is technical excellence and high-level scientific expertise delivered within a commercial framework. We are able to provide our clients with the best possible understanding of environmental risk for their environmental and impact management needs.
Do you want to work on challenging, thought-provoking and truly interesting projects? An exciting role exists in our Singapore office for someone to join our organisation in a junior role. As an Environmental Consultant, this is an opportunity for you to consolidate and expand your career across those regions. You will have:
- To support field work conducted locally, support for other project tasks, administrative duties, or as directed by the reporting/line manager
- Assist and maintenance of field equipment, user training and be responsible for the safe conduct of fieldwork
- Scientific data analysis and report writing
- Considerable knowledge and experience in environmental chemistry and water quality
- Considerable grounding in experimental design and ecological statistics
- Ability to produce high quality technical reports or publications that are clear and concise, yet pitched at a non-expert audience
- A desire to support project management and other technical staff
- Be willing to travel for field work and work on weekends/ public holidays.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated expertise in environmental chemistry, water/sediment quality and environmental monitoring
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with your team member and clients
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and clients through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with team member and client industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
- B.Sc. / B.Eng. from an accredited institution in Environmental Science/ Life Sciences/ Environmental Engineering or similar (Knowledge in marine sciences or aquatic environments is preferred)
- Attention to detail with good verbal, analytical and writing skills
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Ability to follow instructions and meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with multiple projects
- Candidate should have basic IT skills and use of software such as Microsoft Suite
- Candidate should be self-motivated and able to work in a team.
- Fresh graduates or those with several years professional experience may apply
The candidate is expected to gain competencies in the use of different science field equipment, scientific data processing/analysis and technical reporting skills.
To apply, please forward the below mentioned documents to: email@example.com
*Please note: Applications that do not contain all of the below required documents, will not be considered.
1. Your resume
2. A covering letter addressing the Job Description
Remuneration will be based on the successful applicant’s skills, experiences and abilities.
If you have any queries about the position, please contact Jacqueline, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are accepting applications now until 20 December 2021, to commence as soon as possible.