Hydrobiology is seeking to employ an Aquatic Ecologist in the Ecology and Biodiversity Management Team in the Brisbane office. The role demands a high level of scientific expertise in quantitative ecology in aquatic systems (primarily freshwater), preferably in a consultancy role.
Essential skills required for the position include:
- Advanced quantitative design and analysis skills
- Ability to produce high-quality technical reports or publications that are clear and concise, yet pitched at a non-expert audience
- Working knowledge of State (at least one of QLD, NSW, WA, NT) and Commonwealth environmental legislation, or a demonstrated ability to rapidly acquire this knowledge
- Willingness to undertake field data collection, occasionally requiring extended (up to several weeks) travel to remote/regional areas
- Flexibility to become involved in a broad range of projects that may require substantial learning ‘on the go’
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage demands from multiple concurrent projects
Your application would also benefit from demonstrated skills in one or more of the following:
- Developed field skills, particularly in the assessment of fish and macroinvertebrate population and community status, and water quality
- AUSRIVAS accreditation
- Environmental management experience (e.g. developing EMPs, managing discharges, drafting rehabilitation plans, conducting environmental audits etc.)
- GIS experience (Arc, MapInfo, QGIS, Manifold etc.)
The following education and experience requirements will need to be demonstrated:
- Honours Degree, preferably with Graduate qualifications in ecology/environmental science
- Previous employment experience in a similar role of at least 1 year.
Remuneration will be based on the successful applicant’s skills, experiences and abilities.
To apply for the position please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your Resume
- a covering letter addressing the essential skills, education and experience requirements
- a list of the projects you have worked on/completed in the past 1+ years
- at least three referees.
Contact Simon Drummond on 07 3721 0100 if you have any questions about the position.
Applications close 9th February 2018.