- Temporary Maternity Leave position
- Fixed-term Contract
- Strong professional development focus
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual staff team day /partner/family events
- Central Brisbane location
- Inclusive and respectful workplace culture
- Leading-edge and forward-thinking environmental solutions
Hydrobiology – Small Company, Global Influence
Hydrobiology is an award-winning environmental consulting company with offices in Brisbane, Perth, Singapore, South America, and PNG. We offer integrated services in the physical, biological and chemical processes of aquatic systems. We have developed a reputation for providing high quality environmental services to domestic and overseas clients. We are a small company with a recognised international brand.
Due to a parental leave vacancy, we are currently looking for a Graduate to early career Scientist to join our Environmental Risk Assessment Team. This role demands an innovative and enthusiastic approach to environmental chemistry and ecotoxicology. Reporting to the Environmental Risk Assessment Team Leader, you’ll work on a range of projects providing support to the technical team and contributing to product delivery.
Essential skills required for the position include:
- Skills in the environmental chemistry and/or ecotoxicology disciplines.
- Well-developed sampling and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated capability to use statistical analysis packages and other data presentation software.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and undertake fieldwork.
- Flexibility to become involved in a broad range of projects outside the field of environmental chemistry/ecotoxicology.
- Good communicator and team player.
Your application would also benefit from demonstrated skills in one or more of the following:
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage demands from multiple concurrent projects.
- Environmental management experience.
- Beginner to Intermediate GIS knowledge.
The following education and experience requirements will need to be demonstrated:
- Honours Degree, preferably with graduate qualifications in a relevant scientific discipline.
Remuneration will be based on the successful applicant’s skills, experiences and abilities.
To apply for the position, please forward your application & the following documentation to: email@example.com
- Your Resume.
- A covering letter addressing the essential skills, education and experience requirements.
- A list of the projects you have worked on/completed in the past 1+ years. (If applicable)
- At least three referees. (If applicable)
For further enquiries in relation to this position, please contact Brendan Massy on Ph: (07) 3721 0100.
Applications close 15 October 2021.