- Attractive salary with performance-based bonus options and benefits
- Strong professional development program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual staff team day /partner/family events
- Central Brisbane location
- Inclusive and respectful workplace culture
- Leading-edge and forward-thinking environmental solutions
Hydrobiology – Small Company, Global Influence
Hydrobiology is an award-winning environmental consulting company with offices in Brisbane, Perth, Singapore, South America, and PNG. We offer integrated services in the physical, biological and chemical processes of aquatic systems. We have developed a reputation for providing high quality environmental services to domestic and overseas clients. We are a small company with a recognised international brand.
We are currently looking to expand our expertise and capitalise on our growing international brand recognition. An exciting opportunity now exists for a skilled Waterway Scientist/Geomorphologist to be based in our Brisbane office. The role demands an innovative and enthusiastic approach to waterway processes and management, ideally with consulting nous. There is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to assist us in growing this component of the business. Reporting to the Land and Waterway Management Team Leader, you’ll work on a range of projects providing technical inputs and contributing to product delivery. You’ll contribute ideas and help identify new opportunities to assist with the growth of the Team and the wider company group.
Essential skills required for the position include:
- Demonstrated ability to understand and deliver solutions to a range of stream management challenges.
- Skills in the fluvial geomorphology and/or hydrology discipline.
- Demonstrated capability to use remote sensing/spatial analysis.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and undertake fieldwork.
- Flexibility to become involved in a broad range of projects outside the field of geomorphology/hydrology.
- Good communicator and team player.
Your application would also benefit from demonstrated skills in one or more of the following:
- Consulting experience and skills, including ability to work to deadlines and manage demands from multiple concurrent projects, business development and marketing skills, client management and liaison, and overall service delivery.
- Skills in design and rehabilitation of waterways and/or stormwater management measures.
- Developed field skills, particularly waterway condition assessment and environmental monitoring techniques such as drone mapping.
- Environmental management experience.
- Intermediate to advanced GIS knowledge.
The following education and experience requirements will need to be demonstrated:
- Honours Degree, preferably with graduate qualifications in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline.
Remuneration will be based on the successful applicant’s skills, experiences and abilities.
To apply for the position please forward your application to: email@example.com
* Please note: Your application will not be accepted without including all of the following documents:
- Your Resume.
- A covering letter addressing the essential skills, education and experience requirements.
- A list of the projects you have worked on/completed in the past 1+ years.
- At least three referees.
For further enquiries in relation to this position, please contact Brendan Massy on Ph: (07) 3721 0100.
Applications close 29 October 2021.